Contacting the Police

Your local police, particularly if they have a wildlife liaison officer, should help by explaining to whoever is responsible for the netting that allowing a bird to become trapped and die is an offence under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

I will be listing the local force numbers by county, personal contact is always best, but you can also contact Crimestoppers  on 0800 555 111 and they will pass the details on.

When reporting the incident to the police or to a wildlife liaison officer:

– State you are reporting a crime.

– Give relevant details: exact location, number of birds, state of birds, details of anyone that you have contacted.

– Obtain an incident number.

– Ask to be updated with the results.